Police activity on Sandy Beach Road

What's the difference if the bullet comes from a group of narc runners or 1 crazed gunman....a nine year old girl lies at a morgue tonight in Tucson as well as 5 other innocent people....

Look I'm not saying that this drug war is nothing to worry about...because it is. But Rocky Point is not Juarez, at least not yet. Hence there is no need to press the panic button...as the level of overall crime is still below the city that you probably live in.
My heart goes out to all the victims and their families....

I agree....dead is dead....regardless of how it happened....a lone crazed gunman or a bunch of cartel gunman....

I'm in big, bad, dangerous, Penasco right now....most of my comments were directed at someone who was poo-pooing the danger (or potential danger) in Penasco.....and trying to use violence in the states as measuring stick. I believe that Stuart's comments also had the same intent. You can have someone go off the deep end and start blasting away at a group of people....or set off a bomb to kill a bunch of people....it is not the same as the organized mayhem/violence with the cartels. It has nothing to do with body count.

Penasco isn't Juarez....yet....but it has the potential of becoming the same.....I hope it does not!!!

This topic is akin to any discussion we could have on politics or religion (which I try to avoid like the plague)...I won't convince you and you won't convince me....we have different viewpoints, or are looking through different glasses.....

We've also had posts about guns, concealed carry permits, etc.....all the usual knee jerk reactions ....would any type of gun control been able to prevent this brutality? If someone wants to kill someone, all the laws in the world won't prevent it.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member

aperri

Agreed, and according to Wikipedia, Crime continues at high levels, and is repeatedly marked by violence, especially in Monterrey, Tijuana, Ciudad Juárez, Nuevo Laredo, Michoacan, and the state of Sinaloa. - according to Wiki

Luckily Sonora (Rocky Point) is not seeing the level of violence that other areas of Mexico are seeing. Hopefully it will remain this way. As for the violence that has been seen there, although it certainly has picked up over what it once was, seems to be comparable to the level of crime here in the states. Whether it be nonsensical murders or drug related violence.

My two cents, Im not sure why a forum for Puerto Penasco is debating and comparing issues to the USA, but, I believe that most U.S. citizens fear going to Mexico because of the information there provided, whether it be the news papers ,television , Or Forums( like this one , that is basically just for one town in Mexico). Obviously all news doesnt give all the details, maybe less info is good for tourism. You have to beleive that everyone wants to feel safe on their vacation or they will go somewhere else or stay home
Ive been visiting Mexico for over thirty years from tijuana to buenavista , & Mazatlan to Penasco. I live in the Phoenix area & visited Penasco first in I think it was 2000 With my wife & kids, hadnt arrived at the hotel before I got stopped by the Police for a bogus traffic stop & paid the officer. I left and didnt come back for 7 years, I was with two other Anglers and I had the money for our fishing trip , by myself when I was robbed by police officers for $1500.00 US dollars. I had to have money wired to me to pay for our trip & get home. I didnt come back for three years, and thats when my truck was stolen at the Penasco Del Sol Hotel in front of the security Guard Office!!!
I will never stop going to Mexico but Puerto Penasco is the only city Ive ever had a problem.
I think a solution would be if Roberto would talk to the corrupt officials & the murderers & just ask them to stop there criminal ways, and everythink should stop . That would restore faith in people like myself.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My two cents, I'm not sure why a forum for Puerto Penasco is debating and comparing issues to the USA, but, I believe that most U.S. citizens fear going to Mexico because of the information there provided, whether it be the news papers ,television , Or Forums( like this one , that is basically just for one town in Mexico). Obviously all news doesn't give all the details, maybe less info is good for tourism. You have to beleive that everyone wants to feel safe on their vacation or they will go somewhere else or stay home
Ive been visiting Mexico for over thirty years from tijuana to buenavista , & Mazatlan to Penasco. I live in the Phoenix area & visited Penasco first in I think it was 2000 With my wife & kids, hadnt arrived at the hotel before I got stopped by the Police for a bogus traffic stop & paid the officer. I left and didnt come back for 7 years, I was with two other Anglers and I had the money for our fishing trip , by myself when I was robbed by police officers for $1500.00 US dollars. I had to have money wired to me to pay for our trip & get home. I didnt come back for three years, and thats when my truck was stolen at the Penasco Del Sol Hotel in front of the security Guard Office!!!
I will never stop going to Mexico but Puerto Penasco is the only city Ive ever had a problem.
I think a solution would be if Roberto would talk to the corrupt officials & the murderers & just ask them to stop there criminal ways, and everythink should stop . That would restore faith in people like myself.
i dont think a debate is in order here. I agree with you that this info is not good for tourism and that everyone wants to feels safe when they travel.

It sounds like you have had a lot of trouble in Penasco.... Not sure why that is though. So if I take your stories and blend them with my experiences do we come out with a truer story or do we just get blah blah?

I have been here full time for more than a few years, I conduct business here and I think I am doing ok. I own a boat, I own several nice vehicles and I go in and out of town many times a day and much more on the weekend, I have not had any of this stuff jacked, or stolen.... whats the deal if it is soooo bad here why cant I have more problems? The answer is that bad news travels fast and is sexier than the truth. Go ahead and post your bad experiences in Penasco or Mexico in general, but then you have to post your crap from wherever you travel. I have traveled this country (Mexico) for 28 years. I understand the stuff that is going on but I will not play the victim. Stay alert and be aware of the stuff going on around you! If you dont It does not matter where you are you will have problems ......I am drinking a beer cooking pork and otherwise enjoying my quiet life in Mexico AJUA! Be safe and be thirsty my friends.......

Last edited:

Kenny

I went back and read Bait and fish's previous post's, just to see if maybe this was a bait and switch post, and it appears it's not. I know that more than a few of us who have been going down for decades, and have not had the problems, or even close to what he's had in his few visits to PP. My advice would be to just stay away from this guy.:notme: I know he's a friend of your's Stuart, or appears to be, but this guy just has some bad Ju Ju for some reason.:think:

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow, what a string if bad luck! I have been coming to PP for almost 45 years and have only had the usual petty theft, after I left it out or unattended or forgot to lock a cabinet when I left. I've never even been pulled over in 37 years of driving........Wow!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Our family, too, Chari. Our only problems have been with an individual's character, not the town or the country. My middle son got pulled over by the police once a couple of years ago, but the dumb kid outran them and nothing ever happened. They stopped him, wanted money, and said they would take him to the ATM. He was close to the road to Las Conchas, and had a muscle car, so he took off, turned off his lights and hi-tailed it to our garage where the car sat for about a week and then we left town...he was pretty frickin' lucky that night. Notwithstanding the tongue lashing from Mom (me):duh::happens: That is about all that ever happened to us that was negative.

this is why people dont report crimes or make posts on forums like this , when they are victims , people like Kenny and others like to attack victims of crimes , they dont want to have the truth be told that will hurt their financial interest , they are the same as the ones that commit the crimes
I went back and read Bait and fish's previous post's, just to see if maybe this was a bait and switch post, and it appears it's not. I know that more than a few of us who have been going down for decades, and have not had the problems, or even close to what he's had in his few visits to PP. My advice would be to just stay away from this guy.:notme: I know he's a friend of your's Stuart, or appears to be, but this guy just has some bad Ju Ju for some reason.:think:

Last edited:

Kenny

this is why people dont report crimes or make posts on forums like this , when they are victims , people like Kenny and others like to attack victims of crimes , they dont want to have the truth be told that will hurt their financial interest , they are the same as the ones that commit the crimes
Just how did I "attack " you? I said I went back to check your past post's to see if it was legit, and then said I thought it was. If you think that was a attack, you sure have a thin skin, or misinterpreted what I wrote.
The part about bad Ju Juj stands though, and yes, I'd think twice about hanging out with you in Mexico..LOL
I have no interests in Mexico, except to have fun..So please stop attacking me with unfounded accusations.:notme:

Last edited:
I would only have to point out your own self disclaimer of only half the lies are not true.
Im not going any further with this post or getting in a debate . what I stated are facts you guys can do what you want with that info

jerry

Man either your friends/guide set you up or your fish has gotten bigger.....The guy that is a owner of the roofing store on 16th in Tucson was just telling me a "robbery by the police of all their money in Rp" story last week.I felt the bullshit alarm going off...pressed him...he got pissed...and as the guys were putting the Elastek in my truck they started laughing and told me they hear the guys were ripped off at a topless bar. Hey that is bad too but you pick your locations carefully in a new town or shit happens.
I would only have to point out your own self disclaimer of only half the lies are not true.
Im not going any further with this post or getting in a debate . what I stated are facts you guys can do what you want with that info

Kenny

Most people judge people by themselves, so I'll take that as if you didn't tell us the whole truth about how these incidents happened... That said, calling me a 1/2 a liar for unknown reasons is kind of funny, and I'll need some help with that. Just what was I lying about, that I haven't had any of the problems that you've had in PP? Actually, you inferred we were all a bunch of lier's protecting vested interest.

Last edited:
Man either your friends/guide set you up or your fish has gotten bigger.....The guy that is a owner of the roofing store on 16th in Tucson was just telling me a "robbery by the police of all their money in Rp" story last week.I felt the bullshit alarm going off...pressed him...he got pissed...and as the guys were putting the Elastek in my truck they started laughing and told me they hear the guys were ripped off at a topless bar. Hey that is bad too but you pick your locations carefully in a new town or shit happens.
Yeah Jerry....probably too many $40 back room "private dances"....that does burn up the money fast!!!! Can't believe I'm agreeing with Jerry on something!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Read the true book...God's middle finger into the Sierra Madres". As long as the drug cartels are in control and a lot of people in Mex itself can't fight back because of fear of what will happen to them or their families, it isn't a safe place for families. We had visitors here from out of the country and a Mexican person (from Mex) told them to only cross the border with a large group of people, in daytime and NEVER take a baby there.

Bingo. Everyone in Mexico who wants "peace" has to decide whether they want to submit to the armed Cartels, or the armed Government agents...

Either scenario would make me uneasy. I'd rather simply arm myself .... ooops, that's right I forgot- you can't do that or else the government agents instantly group you with the narcos, and the narcos instantly perceive you as a threat.

The fact that children in Mexico grow up aspiring to be narcos (criminals) so that they can live the life of easy money and easy women tells me that Roberto is right- things are very different in Mexico than the US.

Just as every European serf and peasant in the Middle Ages knew first first hand- Submission to any false authority is the ultimate surrendering of freedom.