Police activity on Sandy Beach Road

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Well, after all that does anyone have any additional information on exactly what happened on Sunday? Such as how did the Marines know the guys were hit men and etc.
Gary, they probably have informers just like all law enforcement, but how they really knew they were sicarios is something they probably would never release. I dont think it was a random stop because of the u-turn I mentioned before. Another thing to compare what is happening in RP to some crazy bastard in a mall is ridiculous unless you really dont understand what is happening here. Every killing here that involves sicarios is a planned out business decision and not intened to affect anybody but the target. Including the police chief (once a public official takes money they lose all repect for him and he becomes one of their flunkies and also becomes depensable) why would they call him away from capones to a desolated area if they weren't concerned about some public safety. You need someones permission to kill here you cant just run around wacking people. if you wack the wrong person your gonna get wacked too. The last people they want to hurt is us, that is obvious they have a 0 kill on gringos so far, but I do understand an innocent victim getting caught in a crossfire. The real danger to us is in our own minds. Whether we like it or not in more ways than one they are running the show in Mexico now. The government will weed out the bosses that love to kill as they have done the last couple of months and let the quiet ones keep working to not completely ruin a great source of income.
/

Last edited:
Well, after all that does anyone have any additional information on exactly what happened on Sunday? Such as how did the Marines know the guys were hit men and etc.
Here is the story as has been reported:

The five bad guys (four now arrested, one dead) were after a guy who was also armed. The young man (later determined to be only 17-yrs old) was on Simon Morua and running for his life, carjacked a car from a bystander (someone I happen to know). The bad guys gave chase and apparently caught up with the guy, took him forcibly from the car he'd taken and then they took him with them. In the interim time, someone had already reported the carjacking and subsequent car chase to authorities, so the marines responded quickly. The marines caught up with the five bad guys and their captive (probably also a bad guy, by the way) on Samuel Ocana. Shots were exchanged and the driver of the Ford Lobo lost control and hit some parked cars before coming to a stop. One of the captors was dead at the scene, either from the wreck or a bullet (my guess, bullet) and the other four were detained. The young man who was trying to get away was injured but not dead. No more to report on his condition or whereabouts. I can tell you that neither the arrested nor the injured remain in Penasco.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Rosy - Any truth to this? I was told that "they" (meaning the narcos) hung a sign on the main drag by the footbridge saying something along the lines of: "Release our guys or we will start shooting school children." I was also told that the schools have been closed all week because of this.

Rosy - Any truth to this? I was told that "they" (meaning the narcos) hung a sign on the main drag by the footbridge saying something along the lines of: "Release our guys or we will start shooting school children." I was also told that the schools have been closed all week because of this.
That rumor ran rampant through town on Monday and many people did, in fact, go take their kids out of classes. So many, that classes were shut down due to lack of students. The whole thing was a hoax, though. There was never a banner on the sign. The rumor was traced to an attention-seeking instructor at one of the schools. Kids are currently in classes and the idea of closing the schools has not been considered.

Neither local government nor law enforcement can do a thing to release those being held, and the narcos know this. Those people were removed from Penasco by the marines and their locations remain undisclosed.

In an unrelated note, yesterday there was a huge press conference on the steps of the police station. All available city department heads joined the mayor in a ceremony delivering new gear to the police. All available police officers were also there. One would think that if there was any threat to their safety it would have shown. Nothing happened, and the only shots fired were photographic in nature.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My homeboys from Tempe there in the pic don't take kindly to deadbeats shooting at one of their own. I'm surprised Sheriff Joe's tank wasn't there! But yeah, lots of finger-pointing today about how the whole situation went down and was handled. It's obvious the agencies involved need better internal communication. The mall itself needs better emergency planning. On the bright side, nobody was injured or died, although it wouldn't have upset me if the bad guy got killed. If you're stupid enough to shoot at the cops (US Marshalls in this case), you deserve what you've got coming.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
...wanted to try out their toys....err..."hardware"....ya think????
Just like the Border Agent told me when they X-rayed my boat with their new fancy schmancy X-ray truck --- they have to use it or they lose it. If YOU had an armored vehicle like that, wouldn't YOU want to take it out and play with it now and again? I would! I'm glad to see my hard-earned dollars paid in City of Tempe taxes at work!

Kenny

Just like the Border Agent told me when they X-rayed my boat with their new fancy schmancy X-ray truck --- they have to use it or they lose it. If YOU had an armored vehicle like that, wouldn't YOU want to take it out and play with it now and again? I would! I'm glad to see my hard-earned dollars paid in City of Tempe taxes at work!
I think that money, and other like it, might have been better spent on keeping up the dam at Tempe town lake.

I think that money, and other like it, might have been better spent on keeping up the dam at Tempe town lake.
Kenny....different pots....different sources..... How often do you see that big x-ray unit used at Lukeville....I had the "pleasure" of it when they were still testing it out yuears ago! Now you rarely see anyone pulled over to get x-rayed....more waste of money.

Kenny

I know your having fun with Roberto, and you just might be a little distracted, but Stuart said
"I'm glad to see my hard-earned dollars paid in City of Tempe taxes at work!".
City tax's Joe, city tax's of Tempe is what I was referring to.

Last edited:
Kenny...I missed that connection (was it the armored car???)...and was connecting the x-ray unit at Lukeville and Tempe taxes!!!

Kenny

Kenny...I missed that connection (was it the armored car???)...and was connecting the x-ray unit at Lukeville and Tempe taxes!!!
For all I know it could have been something on his Christmas wish list Joe, but the inference is clear.

Last edited:

aperri

Stuart,
A few days ago I was in a wonderful city and we decided to take our family shopping. Suddenly a crazed gunman started shooting the place up. There was a chaos and people were almost trampled getting out of the mall after police ordered an evaculation and lock down. Outside were heavily armored police and tanks...nothing short of a military zone was assembled. A police sniper (dressed in black garb) took cover near my car and asked me and my children to get on the floor. My family was terrified.! If you haven't turned the on the news, I want to tell you the country this happened in: USA. A city called Chandler in a state called Arizona. I live there. Watch the 5 o'clock news and tell me you don't see more violence happening in your home state.

If you read the news articles on that Chandler "violence", the overwhelming police response was partially because they thought the individual was another person who was wanted and had previously fired at DPS officers. There were shots fired by THIS gunman, with a handgun, but no one was injured. Probably some of the tactical response by the police (armored personnel vehicle, etc.) was boys wanting to play with their toys....IMHO! If you live in the Phoenix area, I'm sure you've seen Sheriff Joe's armored car out there for no justifiable reason.

A lot of the discussions on this thread have been around the TYPE of violence that is happening in Mexico....not that there isn't violence/crime in the states. How often do we have police chiefs or political officials assassinated by multiple gunman? Was there a shootout in Chandler between several heavily armed criminals with automatic weapons and our own soldiers, with hand grenades or firebombs being used? I'm sure Chandler's SWAT (or equivalent) were there, armed to the teeth....but did we have a shootout with bullets flying everywhere?

I really believe that we're comparing apples with oranges in discussing the cartel violence and violence/crime in the states. BTW, I was raised in New York City, where back in that timeframe, we averaged somewhere around 5-7 homicides every day. Different type of crimes and violence.....there was never any concern that I would be caught in a shootout between many gunmen and a bunch of cops!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Stuart,
A few days ago I was in a wonderful city and we decided to take our family shopping. Suddenly a crazed gunman started shooting the place up. There was a chaos and people were almost trampled getting out of the mall after police ordered an evaculation and lock down. Outside were heavily armored police and tanks...nothing short of a military zone was assembled. A police sniper (dressed in black garb) took cover near my car and asked me and my children to get on the floor. My family was terrified.! If you haven't turned the on the news, I want to tell you the country this happened in: USA. A city called Chandler in a state called Arizona. I live there. Watch the 5 o'clock news and tell me you don't see more violence happening in your home state.
<sigh> Another cheerleader. You REALLY don't want to start this up with me, especially on your 2nd post, newbie. Trust me, you don't. How many headless corpses did they find at the Chandler Mall? How many mutilated bodies along the roadside? I could go on. It's because we have the ability to quickly respond to events like the one at the mall that we don't have the headless corpses and body counts that they do south of the border. You should be thankful that good men stand ready to do bad things to those that would hurt you or your family on such short notice.

Kenny

You know I can smell a phony post a mile away Stuart, and that one stinks all the way up here in Prescott.