ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have previous years premium for policies been collected and not applied? Or is this singular to 2014 only?
Has your agency ever created policy #'s in office that are not valid policy's?
Would you have any problem with clients calling the carrier directly to find out the status of their policy?
The interrogation (or is it cross-examination) is becoming repetitive. I have already answered the above questions.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The interrogation (or is it cross-examination) is becoming repetitive. I have already answered the above questions.
No you have not... but I understand why you would be vague or not answer directly.

from the previous poster (SonoranParadise):
This is the person I spoke with at Mapfre. Very helpful and speaks English very well. You just need your policy number.

Gerardo González Eguía
Responsable División Internacional
Tel. (619) 662-1194
Fax (619) 662-1106
Toll-free 1-800-357-0091
[email protected]

Again, I will say that Rosy is very nice, and I hope this is all just a mis-understanding, but from our perspective we will feel better going elsewhere.

Dry Heat - in answer to one of your questions, we had 2 policies, one that we never got a renewal on (so our bad) it was not in effect anyway, but we did find out that that policy that we paid in April of 2013 was issued, but Mapfre never received payment, so it was cancelled. The second policy was issued in November of 2013, and Mapfre never received payment on that one either, and it was cancelled as well. So 2 policies in 2013, 7 months apart, neither were paid. I would love to hear from some other forum members that contacted Mapfre that their policies WERE paid and in effect.

Spoke with Rosie today I feel all will be good and I plan on renewing all my insurance with her. Their is always two sides of a story. Communication always needs to be first priority

Honestly Rosy,
You sound supper cocky considering that this situation is very serious. For one, a claim could have easily happened during this time and would you be in a position to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket (ex. a fire). All I have heard are defensive excuses and pride with comments about how you provide the best service. I don't think this is a time to talk about how great your service is when untold # of policy holders have cancelled policies, have paid money directly to you and it was all found out by a resort or client calling the carrier. Thus it leads to the question... how long as this been going on for? Making light that the amount we are talking about is not much... does not bode well for you.
1. I guess you'd prefer groveling, but I have no reason to believe that anything was done intentionally to harm anyone. I intend to find out, though. I am already doing all that I can to make things right with my clients, and I have expressed more than once that the responsibility lies with me. Every payment ever made for a policy has been recorded in the client file. Employees aren't allowed to hand me cash without my signing for it, so there's a paper trail.

2. You can be sure that if there'd been a claim for "several thousands of dollars", I'd be considerably less "cocky", but there wasn't. I can still state that we've not had ANY claim go unpaid.

3. There is no pride or defensiveness when I say we screwed up. I'm extremely relieved that the number of policies here is relatively minor.

4. While I often speak of the service we offer at ProAlliance, in this case I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the fact that when we write a condo policy it includes coverage for interior walls, ceilings and floors, making it a superior policy than others.

5. "UNTOLD #S"??? I told you the numbers. Had the resort called me directly we would've initiated the same audit and made the same corrections.

6. I have mentioned that our guy in Chihuahua, Ing. Luis Zapien died last year. This forced us into a new way of doing things. We never had a problem before and I don't expect to have one in the future.

7. There's a big difference between explanations and excuses, Licenciado. Errors were made in my business and those errors are costing me. What more do you want? I'm not making light of anything, but I'm too old to think my life is over because we made a (ok 12) mistake. Nothing about this situation "bodes well", but it isn't the first problem I've faced in life, nor is it the biggest. I will handle this like I handle everything...chin up. Anything else?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You still have not answered specific questions I have...
1. Has your office issued any policies that were issued with dummy policy #'s?
2. Is the non payment of policies applicable to 2014 only or does it apply to prior years also?
3. Your numbers have started at 'it was only 6 policies, to it was only 12 policies, to... ok it won't be more than 20 policies... you get my drift.
4. Since you are vouching for your honesty in business... why are you not suggesting that your client call the carrier directly to find out if their policy is active or not?

In my business I have seen countless people vouch for the honesty of others... and all too often that excuse or mistake is not as innocent as presented.

hahaha... your funny.

Since you are happy to answer questions...
1. Do you know if Mapfre has opened an investigation into your practice?
2. For someone who appears supper confident, why have you not suggested that clients call the carrier directly?
3. Has your agency ever made up policy #'s?
4. Has your agency been collecting funds from clients and not applying to policies only in 2014 or has this involved prior years?

I am surprised your attorney has not advised you to keep off these forums.
Unfortunately even after all your posts... something is still off.
That should be "you're funny"

1. I'm less concerned about what Mapfre is doing than I am with making sure my clients have a) a valid policy or b) a full refund.

2. You probably meant super confident. I'm confident in my ability to make things right. Why shouldn't I be? All I can do is try. The day I found out about this I was ready to tear my hair out or strangle someone, but that's passed. Now I just need to work. Whoever wants to contact the carrier will do so...you're living proof, right?

3. Certainly not as part of the agency. Whether anyone did anything individually will come out in the audit and it'll be handled then. In the meantime and as far as our clients are concerned, I'm not shirking my responsibility.

4. It's clear that at least in 12 cases policies were not paid. You have a lot of nerve jumping from what we know to what you want people to think. Typical lawyer...think you're smarter than average.

5. My own voice has always been all I need. I didn't do anything intentionally wrong and I'm going to make it right. If I'm wrong...then karma will get me. I used to tell my kids: No matter who you pretend to be, time always tells.

Again, I will say that Rosy is very nice, and I hope this is all just a mis-understanding, but from our perspective we will feel better going elsewhere.

Dry Heat - in answer to one of your questions, we had 2 policies, one that we never got a renewal on (so our bad) it was not in effect anyway, but we did find out that that policy that we paid in April of 2013 was issued, but Mapfre never received payment, so it was cancelled. The second policy was issued in November of 2013, and Mapfre never received payment on that one either, and it was cancelled as well. So 2 policies in 2013, 7 months apart, neither were paid. I would love to hear from some other forum members that contacted Mapfre that their policies WERE paid and in effect.
Thank you, Rick. I too would like to have those with valid policies and paid claims say so.

Spoke with Rosie today I feel all will be good and I plan on renewing all my insurance with her. Their is always two sides of a story. Communication always needs to be first priority
Thank you. I've spoken with many and don't always know to connect the client to the screen name, but regardless...your kindness is appreciated.

apricot

I would love to hear from some other forum members that contacted Mapfre that their policies WERE paid and in effect.
I'd like to know that too because it seems like the number of cancelled policies are a lot higher than Rosie is saying. So far we have heard from a few forum members that have contacted Mapfre and were surprised to find out that they were cancelled. Is there anybody who checked with Mapfre and found out that their policy is OK?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You seem to want to skirt around the same questions I have asked multiple times (it says a lot). Don't be surprised if the carriers you represent are reading these threads.

I'll ask again...
2. Is the non payment of policies applicable to 2014 only or does it apply to prior years also?
3. Your numbers have started at 'it was only 6 policies, to it was only 12 policies, to... ok it won't be more than 20 policies... you get my drift. So do you want to guess again?
4. Since you are vouching for your honesty in business... why are you not suggesting that your client call the carrier directly to find out if their policy is active or not?

Of course the most important question is #4... why if you this is just some simple mistake or just a few cases... would you not encourage your clients to call the carrier directly? If it is just a few cases and it was just a mistake with these few... why not take that cocky attitude and tell clients to call the carrier directly??? Is there a reason why you are not going with this approach?

You seem to want to skirt around the same questions I have asked multiple times (it says a lot). Don't be surprised if the carriers you represent are reading these threads.

I'll ask again...
3. Your numbers have started at 'it was only 6 policies, to it was only 12 policies, to... ok it won't be more than 20 policies... you get my drift. So do you want to guess again?

Of course the most important question is #4... why if you this is just some simple mistake or just a few cases... would you not encourage your clients to call the carrier directly? If it is just a few cases and it was just a mistake with these few... why not take that cocky attitude and tell clients to call the carrier directly??? Is there a reason why you are not going with this approach?

Personally I think #1 should be more important, but it's been answered.

I don't care if they're monitoring this, nor does it matter to me whether they call Mapfre. I'm not guessing as to the number of policies. It was 6 a week ago, is up to 12 and I hope it won't surpass 20. I promised to keep everyone updated and am doing so.

You seem real intent on me telling people to call Mapfre even though some of them have already done so. Let me explain to you...I don't trust Mapfre right now. Nevertheless I know that some will call them. If they find their policy invalid, then I will have to add to the number of policies and offer a refund or new policy. Same thing. I would rather our clients ask me, but they're free to do as they wish.

Maybe we should ask anyone who didn't call Mapfre but heard from me that their policy was invalid to check in. There have been a few of those in the 12 so far. Can I be done with you now? You've become tedious in addition to repetitive.

P.S. I'd rather be cocky than snide (hint, hint) and pompous

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I understand that you are trying to deflect attention to the individual asking you questions... its common with many who are not on the up and up (I see all too often).

You are quick to deflect that it was Las Palomas who has fault for bringing out, you mentioned that you don't trust the carrier, you mentioned that you have had high turnover, you have mentioned that the carrier's prior rep would make things easier, you have come up with countless excuses for these invalid policies... did I miss any other reasons or excuses you have used... which by the way are all telling signs. The constant deflection with the occasional "I will take care of any MISTAKES' does not help.

You were non existent on this forum while this topic picked up steam... it was not until someone called out that you were 'reading' the forum thread that you all of a sudden replied with vigor. Yet you say that it was only a handful (which seems to be growing as more people call or email the carrier). Sure you would rather have clients ask you if the policy is active than call the carrier directly (that alone says a lot).

I get it that some are emotionally tied to you and think the world of you. Just the matter you answered the questions above vs the other general questions says a lot. You see these questions above are a lot more specific and direct and thus I can see why you are not answering them with the same vigor you answered everything else.

So you and I can dance all night... I live for this. The more you talk and try to explain your way out of it...well it does not look good. I'm surprised that your attorney would be ok with you posting on this topic... which by the way I am curious as to this letter you had drafted to the resort... would love to see what he was standing up for (if there is such a letter).

ProAlliance claim record sept 2013-sept 2014 (always paid directly to insured by carrier)

LOCATION FILED PAID AMOUNT (USD)

L.P. CORDOVA SEP 2013 JAN 2014 $14,200.00

L.P. OPALO JAN 2014 APR 2014 $85.00

SONORAN SPA APR 2014 JUL 2014 $500.00

SONORAN SUN FEB 2014 MAR 2014 $915.00

SONORAN SUN MAR 2014 APR 2014 $753.00

PINACATE MAR 2014 AUG 2014 $1,200.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $673.57

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $584.86

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $60.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $90.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $120.00

MIRADOR JUN 2014 AUG 2014 $3,036.33

SONORAN SPA AUG 2014 SEP 2014 $600.00

BELLA SIRENA NOV 2013 SEP 2014 $1,606.86

BELLA SIRENA NOV 2013 SEP 2014 $500.00

I understand that you are trying to deflect attention to the individual asking you questions... its common with many who are not on the up and up (I see all too often).

You are quick to deflect that it was Las Palomas who has fault for bringing out, you mentioned that you don't trust the carrier, you mentioned that you have had high turnover, you have mentioned that the carrier's prior rep would make things easier, you have come up with countless excuses for these invalid policies... did I miss any other reasons or excuses you have used... which by the way are all telling signs. The constant deflection with the occasional "I will take care of any MISTAKES' does not help.

You were non existent on this forum while this topic picked up steam... it was not until someone called out that you were 'reading' the forum thread that you all of a sudden replied with vigor. Yet you say that it was only a handful (which seems to be growing as more people call or email the carrier). Sure you would rather have clients ask you if the policy is active than call the carrier directly (that alone says a lot).

I get it that some are emotionally tied to you and think the world of you. Just the matter you answered the questions above vs the other general questions says a lot. You see these questions above are a lot more specific and direct and thus I can see why you are not answering them with the same vigor you answered everything else.

So you and I can dance all night... I live for this. The more you talk and try to explain your way out of it...well it does not look good. I'm surprised that your attorney would be ok with you posting on this topic... which by the way I am curious as to this letter you had drafted to the resort... would love to see what he was standing up for (if there is such a letter).
So now you're calling me a thief, cheat and a liar? You ask for explanations then call them excuses. You call this dancing? You're sloppy, Dude. Aren't you some kind of tax lawyer? Gimme a break. Ultimately Las Palomas did me a favor because we needed to know there was a problem. It would be nice if my friend hadn't died, but we had to learn to fly solo sooner or later. Only one client has asked for a refund and it isn't you. You're not even a client, are you? Just another troll with a law degree. If you're for real, let me know so I can GLADLY issue a full refund. By the way...even you are doing me a favor. Every time someone decides to publicly jump on me I get new clients. For you it's a dance...for me...bizness. (now that's cocky)

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
So how much would the carrier have paid if no coverage was in place... as some are finding out on a daily basis by contacting the carrier? What would be of these units that are showing a lapse of coverage for a year or more?

ProAlliance claim record sept 2013-sept 2014 (always paid directly to insured by carrier)

LOCATION FILED PAID AMOUNT (USD)

L.P. CORDOVA SEP 2013 JAN 2014 $14,200.00

L.P. OPALO JAN 2014 APR 2014 $85.00

SONORAN SPA APR 2014 JUL 2014 $500.00

SONORAN SUN FEB 2014 MAR 2014 $915.00

SONORAN SUN MAR 2014 APR 2014 $753.00

PINACATE MAR 2014 AUG 2014 $1,200.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $673.57

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $584.86

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $60.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $90.00

L.P. DIAMANTE DEC 2013 SEP 2014 $120.00