The Homeport...A reason a week it is a bad idea

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
PPRES

We all here welcome intelligent replies if you have one.
JWT, who are we? You act as though you represent a shadow group unwilling to speak for themselves in these forums.

You still haven't grasped the fact that even though they are not all rosie pictures being painted here that there is not one person involved in these forums that does not care about RP/PP.

Most that you disagree with, in my opinion, care more than you would ever be able to understand with your very limited scope of interests in Puerto Peñasco. $elling it off is in your best interests, we get it. Your responses are not protecting anything but your bottom line.

Of the native peoples, PPRES or occasional tourist only 1 of those 3 have created an artificial acronym in an attempt to bolster their sales. I can't believe you haven't added a hash tag to it as well.

It amazes me that you even venture out of the advertising or real estate sections of this forum. As of yet I have not seen you post one thing that does not sound like an ad for the company you represent.

Your sense of entitlement bleeds from the words you type onto my screen. Even among the people that have differing opinions in these forums you stand out and represent the things I dislike most in people, that thing I can not identify with that makes you and your kind think you are better than everyone else.

Gigiddy.

jerry

Well Known Member
What happened to a girl exposed to too much feces contamination on a Mexican beach.Do not kid yourself the cruise ship poop will be entering our ecosystem.

Mexico water warning from Feb. 2, 2015

Karon Pardue
This photo of me was from last night, I could finally open my right eye. (The swelling has gone down.)

I did not write this for anyone to feel sorry for me, so “PLEASE DON’T.” The main reason I’m writing is I want people to know that it’s really important to be aware of the “RUNOFFS” contaminated water/ocean in your local area or areas you're visiting. And what the effects of the dirty infested water can do to you. When those signs are up, read them and you should listen to what they are telling you to do or not to do. In some places their might not even be signs up, and they don't do testing or post thats theirs high level of bacterias in the water. So beware of you're surrounding and places you visit.

I returned home over two weeks ago from traveling to Mexico. I have been in the hospital several times and have had several treatments since I have been back. And will continue to get treatments for the next 30 days. It started out with Salmonella. Constant throwing up and diarrhea. My Asthma is really bad and I’m having problems breathing. Constant body aches and sweats. Up and down fevers.Then it turned into an ear infection in both ears and throat. Once it went into my ears, It turned into MRSA and now I have a heart infection. MRSA attacks the body and shuts down your heart and system. 9 out of 10 people die from this.

So many people in Sayulita are sick, they think they have the flu (vomiting and diarrhea), or soar throats, but thats not the case.
Several of us have had test since we have been back and while we were in Sayulita, the doctors told us that we were sick from the water. When i was at a random pharmacy hooked up in the back room to an IV, i counted 6 random people that
Came into the pharmacy for antibiotics, medications for nausea, anything they could drink for hydration. They also had the same symptoms. Several of the surfers we traveled with were pretty sick, Ricky, Jerry, Tony.S, Karina, Vannina, Alexandra, Erin A, Jake, Lindsey, Nate, I could go on with a list of more who were sick, for some it was a mild case but for a few of us, we were and some still are pretty sick . While i was in Sayulita i had to go to a random medical center in the ambulance with Ricky. He was pretty bad and was throwing up and had diarrhea straight for three days. After Ricky had an IV and was pumped up with several antibiotics and other medications we took a taxi back to town, thinking he would be ok. Little did i know that i would find myself at 3am walking the streets of Sayulita and trying to find someone to help us find a doctor for Ricky. The pharmacy were closed. Later that night i was in one of the pharmacies and the doctor gave me his card. I called him at 3am to please help Ricky, he came and picked us up and took Ricky and i to the place the ambulance dropped us off that morning. The doctor started treatment on Ricky and by morning ,10am he was not getting any better. I had to call Ricky's mom to get him on the next flight out. It was sad, several of us were sick and none of the antibiotics we were given were working or medications.

The water “runoff” in the river in Sayulita, runs straight into the ocean front beach in Sayulita is contaminated. It has Salmonella, MRSA and other bacterias in water.

This is my second year of being deadly ill after coming home from visiting Sayulita. Last year, the smaething-several of us were really sick with the same symptoms.The only water i had any contact with was when i washed my hands took a shower, or walked on the beach and put my feet in the water, or sat on the side of the pool at our hotel and put my feet in. The runoff from the river goes into the ocean and water pipes in the town. This now effects the homes, washing hands, washing dishes, cooking, showering, drinking, brushing your teeth, pool, it’s also now in the water system in restaurants and is being in contact with washing dishes, people washing their hands, food being cooked with the water or rinsed off. One person washes his hands them touches their face or shakes another persons hand. Its now being spread like a wild fire.

I have several local friends that live in Sayulita and they have told me that so many local people in town have been sick with the same symptoms. That there is supposed to be treatment for the river/water, but nothing is being done.

People need to know to stay out of the water in Sayulita until it can be treated. They need to know that it's not the flu and they only way to get rid of it, is by treatment, antibiotics. The symptoms will go away and keep resurfacing if you don't get the proper treatments for it.

Many antibiotics don't work for MRS

Each time I'm admitted to the hospital with MRSA, the recovery time is longer and the fight is harder. Most doctors I have seen have no idea how to treat it and they have to call Centers for Disease Control for help. A is resistant to most common antibiotics. The only treatment that has been working for me is IV treatment of vancomycin which I get twice a day for 9 hours each treatment. I’m resistant and allergic to the vancomycin so I have other complications while getting the treatments. So far, it is the only antibiotic that can help fight the infection.

What is salmonellosis?
Salmonellosis is an infection caused by the bacteria calledSalmonella, which has been known to cause illness for more than 100 years. There are many different kinds of Salmonella bacteria, and they are spread through human or animal feces.

Where and how does Salmonella get into drinking water?
Salmonella is found in every region of the United States and throughout the world. Millions of germs can be released in a bowel movement of an infected human or animal. Salmonella may be found in water sources that have been contaminated with the feces of infected humans or animals. Waste can enter the water through different ways, including sewage overflows, sewage systems that are not working properly, polluted storm water runoff, and agricultural runoff. Wells may be more vulnerable to such contamination after flooding, particularly if the wells are shallow, have been dug or bored, or have been submerged by floodwater for long periods of time.

My personal experience with contaminated ocean/water, MSRA and Salmonella is one of the reasons I care so much about being involved with Project Save Our Surf, keeping our oceans and beaches clean and educating people so that they don’t have to go through what I’ve been through. I visit Sayulita at least once a year and have several friends that live their, i have done several projects for some of the children in Sayulita and schools. I feel that these children, friends, surfers and families in Sayulita deserve to all have CLEAN WATER. Something needs to be done in Sayulita.

I lost one of my best friends to contaminated water at Rincon, John Bradbury

I know first hand what contaminated water "runoff" can do.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I have several local friends that live in Sayulita and they have told me that so many local people in town have been sick with the same symptoms. That there is supposed to be treatment for the river/water, but nothing is being done.
Does RP have a water treatment facility? Our water in Encanto is trucked in and we treat it with bleach as it's pumped in to our cistern.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
PPRES

We all here welcome intelligent replies if you have one.
We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

I'm going to be honest here - "we" (as members of this forum) welcome nearly anyone. As I've said in the past, we put the "fun" in dysfunctional and are more or less a big family. You seem to have issues with some of our members here and you present yourself in a very condescending way.

Stop it.

El Tiburon

Well Known Member

Landshark

Well Known Member
Jerry, don't know what you have planned for week 2, but this is a very interesting and well written research project from our friends at The Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy at the University of Arizona. Published in January of 2012, it's an in-depth study of how excessive growth will affect the ecosystem of the area and infrastructure of the city of Puerto Penasco. Great analysis of PP's urban water system, the 11 deep wells, and what the future holds. Also discusses the introduction of visits by yachts, sailboats, and cruise lines and how they will affect the ecosystem of the entire region.
http://udallcenter.arizona.edu/sarp/pdf/Ch3_PuertoPenasco.pdf

Kenny

Well Known Member
Being a old serf rat the place Rincon that's mentioned in Karon Pardue's message is like what the 51 mile reef used to mean to me, and to hear a surfer died there from contaminated water is one sad and two, it pisses me off.http://www.rincon.org/
The organization the Karon works with is by no means a fly by night organization... http://projectsaveoursurf.org/

Kelney

Well Known Member
I think this thread is much ado about nothing. You see, there actually has to be a ship at the port for it to actually pollute our beautiful water. I have a better chance of having Kenny let me pick off one of his backyard deer than a ship actually coming to RP.
Not gonna happen.

In the event that some Mexican government dude bribes a cruise official with something along the line of a free massage at the Happy Face, the cruise guy may bring a ship here to christen the joint. I think once that happens he will come to the quick conclusion of "What the hell was I thinking?" Nothing to offer except some guy out front named Russ with a van that holds 10 passengers offering a tour of this sand trap along with the same vendors hawking the same crap that we saw in the last three Mexican ports.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I think this thread is much ado about nothing. You see, there actually has to be a ship at the port for it to actually pollute our beautiful water. I have a better chance of having Kenny let me pick off one of his backyard deer than a ship actually coming to RP.
Not gonna happen.

In the event that some Mexican government dude bribes a cruise official with something along the line of a free massage at the Happy Face, the cruise guy may bring a ship here to christen the joint. I think once that happens he will come to the quick conclusion of "What the hell was I thinking?" Nothing to offer except some guy out front named Russ with a van that holds 10 passengers offering a tour of this sand trap along with the same vendors hawking the same crap that we saw in the last three Mexican ports.
Wow what did I do to deserve this?

My sandtrap tour business is pretty much booked all the time and we are one the top 5 things to do in Rocky Point on Trip Advisor.
On a side note I can fit 14 people in my van but it is less comfortable for my clients. I value their experience - Oh wait what was that last group I did? 72? I guess not half bad for a sand trap operator.

If you haven't been on one of my trips, you should think about doing it before you write about it. I am already booking Feb through April next year.......sandtrap...how funny. So much to know, so little desire to learn. Grab a beer and have a great day, I am.

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Not gonna happen.

I wish it were true, the only problem is what Gus Brown wants, Gus Brown gets.
It's part of his master plan.
http://www.rockypointjohn.com/Rocky_Point_in_Motion_Gus_Brown_Interview/page_2498765.html

But again this is the desired outcome of someone with, well power to make it happen. I went to Mesa High School and the Browns carry tons of clout here and are calling the shots her as well, along with their church. Not saying anything bad about them at all but, they own it, it's gonna happen.
A lil history,
http://www.orsonprattbrown.com/angela-silvestre.html

Editing: Foot in mouth disease.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It's a departure location -not a receiving location or port of call.

If you are a Mexican family that has never cruised....you may want to cruise your home waters.....if you travel like a lot of us do...you want your whole family to go.....little Sophia doesn't have a passport, she cant go, nobody goes.

Here comes Rocky Point Cruise Terminal. A place where as a Mexican you can board (without the hassle of a passport) (without the hassle of going to the USA) with your whole family. Cruise Mexican waters without ever stepping foot in the USA.

I wonder how many on the first ship sailing (small 1500 person vessels) will be from the USA? I think it will be us sailing the first ship, and from projections done probably the first 6 months are sold out.

This is probably a little different than you thought about it.

JoseAz

Well Known Member
Kelney, that was ridiculous! Russ does a great job.
You probably offered that comment with the intention of humor...da da dum.... fell flat....
Even one of the vendors had me roaring recently " you want to buy some cheap mexican junk made in china....?"

Keep trying.....

Kelney

Well Known Member
Don't be so sensitive Russ and you may consider a Midol with your beer. I am actually hard pressed to find more things to do in rocky point unless it involves fishing, hanging on the beach and eating and drinking. I typically multitask with two to three of those items at the same time. How Trip Advisor found more things to do that that is beyond me. I guess I should gander on over there after I am done and find out. I do miss the aquarium though. That dog snapper kept me pretty entertained for a good 5 minutes per trip. I guess I should book your trip sometime to see what all I am missing out on. In all seriousness, I am glad you run a successful business doing what you enjoy.

JWT

User is currently banned
What happened to a girl exposed to too much feces contamination on a Mexican beach.Do not kid yourself the cruise ship poop will be entering our ecosystem.

Mexico water warning from Feb. 2, 2015

Karon Pardue
This photo of me was from last night, I could finally open my right eye. (The swelling has gone down.)

I did not write this for anyone to feel sorry for me, so “PLEASE DON’T.” The main reason I’m writing is I want people to know that it’s really important to be aware of the “RUNOFFS” contaminated water/ocean in your local area or areas you're visiting. And what the effects of the dirty infested water can do to you. When those signs are up, read them and you should listen to what they are telling you to do or not to do. In some places their might not even be signs up, and they don't do testing or post thats theirs high level of bacterias in the water. So beware of you're surrounding and places you visit.

I returned home over two weeks ago from traveling to Mexico. I have been in the hospital several times and have had several treatments since I have been back. And will continue to get treatments for the next 30 days. It started out with Salmonella. Constant throwing up and diarrhea. My Asthma is really bad and I’m having problems breathing. Constant body aches and sweats. Up and down fevers.Then it turned into an ear infection in both ears and throat. Once it went into my ears, It turned into MRSA and now I have a heart infection. MRSA attacks the body and shuts down your heart and system. 9 out of 10 people die from this.

So many people in Sayulita are sick, they think they have the flu (vomiting and diarrhea), or soar throats, but thats not the case.
Several of us have had test since we have been back and while we were in Sayulita, the doctors told us that we were sick from the water. When i was at a random pharmacy hooked up in the back room to an IV, i counted 6 random people that
Came into the pharmacy for antibiotics, medications for nausea, anything they could drink for hydration. They also had the same symptoms. Several of the surfers we traveled with were pretty sick, Ricky, Jerry, Tony.S, Karina, Vannina, Alexandra, Erin A, Jake, Lindsey, Nate, I could go on with a list of more who were sick, for some it was a mild case but for a few of us, we were and some still are pretty sick . While i was in Sayulita i had to go to a random medical center in the ambulance with Ricky. He was pretty bad and was throwing up and had diarrhea straight for three days. After Ricky had an IV and was pumped up with several antibiotics and other medications we took a taxi back to town, thinking he would be ok. Little did i know that i would find myself at 3am walking the streets of Sayulita and trying to find someone to help us find a doctor for Ricky. The pharmacy were closed. Later that night i was in one of the pharmacies and the doctor gave me his card. I called him at 3am to please help Ricky, he came and picked us up and took Ricky and i to the place the ambulance dropped us off that morning. The doctor started treatment on Ricky and by morning ,10am he was not getting any better. I had to call Ricky's mom to get him on the next flight out. It was sad, several of us were sick and none of the antibiotics we were given were working or medications.

The water “runoff” in the river in Sayulita, runs straight into the ocean front beach in Sayulita is contaminated. It has Salmonella, MRSA and other bacterias in water.

This is my second year of being deadly ill after coming home from visiting Sayulita. Last year, the smaething-several of us were really sick with the same symptoms.The only water i had any contact with was when i washed my hands took a shower, or walked on the beach and put my feet in the water, or sat on the side of the pool at our hotel and put my feet in. The runoff from the river goes into the ocean and water pipes in the town. This now effects the homes, washing hands, washing dishes, cooking, showering, drinking, brushing your teeth, pool, it’s also now in the water system in restaurants and is being in contact with washing dishes, people washing their hands, food being cooked with the water or rinsed off. One person washes his hands them touches their face or shakes another persons hand. Its now being spread like a wild fire.

People need to know to stay out of the water in Sayulita until it can be treated. They need to know that it's not the flu and they only way to get rid of it, is by treatment, antibiotics. The symptoms will go away and keep resurfacing if you don't get the proper treatments for it.

Many antibiotics don't work for MRS

Each time I'm admitted to the hospital with MRSA, the recovery time is longer and the fight is harder. Most doctors I have seen have no idea how to treat it and they have to call Centers for Disease Control for help. A is resistant to most common antibiotics. The only treatment that has been working for me is IV treatment of vancomycin which I get twice a day for 9 hours each treatment. I’m resistant and allergic to the vancomycin so I have other complications while getting the treatments. So far, it is the only antibiotic that can help fight the infection.

What is salmonellosis?
Salmonellosis is an infection caused by the bacteria calledSalmonella, which has been known to cause illness for more than 100 years. There are many different kinds of Salmonella bacteria, and they are spread through human or animal feces.

Where and how does Salmonella get into drinking water?
Salmonella is found in every region of the United States and throughout the world. Millions of germs can be released in a bowel movement of an infected human or animal. Salmonella may be found in water sources that have been contaminated with the feces of infected humans or animals. Waste can enter the water through different ways, including sewage overflows, sewage systems that are not working properly, polluted storm water runoff, and agricultural runoff. Wells may be more vulnerable to such contamination after flooding, particularly if the wells are shallow, have been dug or bored, or have been submerged by floodwater for long periods of time.

My personal experience with contaminated ocean/water, MSRA and Salmonella is one of the reasons I care so much about being involved with Project Save Our Surf, keeping our oceans and beaches clean and educating people so that they don’t have to go through what I’ve been through. I visit Sayulita at least once a year and have several friends that live their, i have done several projects for some of the children in Sayulita and schools. I feel that these children, friends, surfers and families in Sayulita deserve to all have CLEAN WATER. Something needs to be done in Sayulita.

I lost one of my best friends to contaminated water at Rincon, John Bradbury

I know first hand what contaminated water "runoff" can do.