The Homeport...A reason a week it is a bad idea

playaperro

El Pirata
I became interested in the Homeport after a month long trip to Tasmania a year ago. Our surfer/ naturalist guide had been fighting a HOMEPORT on the Gold Coast for years.
Don't take everything so personal my booster friends ...were just talking here....
Probably one of your draft dodger friends!

Landshark

Environmentalists vs. Luxury Developers
Interesting article from 2007 about the price of progress and how it affects people and the environment. Outdated, but some good quotes from local residents that still apply today. What appears to be good for the community does not always work out for the little guy.
http://worldpress.org/Americas/2914.cfm#down

Roberto

If y'all are tired of Geraldine's information then just don't read it. Stop bashing him. Clearly there are lots of issues around this venture. I know nothing of the cruise industry and welcome that information. I know some about environmental issues and welcome that information. I know a lot about how the government works and really don't need to know more about that. If you don't like to see that information here ask for censorship.

Roberto

It's all just blah blah blah..... it'll work or i t won't ( the home port) but it won't matter or change because some gringo who lives in Santo Tomas wants to bash my hometown. The project has legs - maybe not the legs you want to see but legs none the less. Piss Piss Moan Moan , in the end you are the only one that cares - boring - boring - boring
Russ, that is one of the dumbest posts!! Are you content to allow others to make decisions for you while you keep your head in the sand ? If someone points out a potential problem are they bashing your hometown? If something gets a start should it always be left to develop irrespective of any unconsidered information that comes to light? Why are you pissing and moaning about this? Geraldine offers independent information and you want to shut him up?? Why don't you come up with the so called environmental study and make it public for discussion. Every problem issue that Geraldine points out should have been discussed in that report with reasons it is not an important environmental issue for Puerto Penasaco. They are all, in general, important issues relative to the impact of the cruise ships. There has been no mention of Beings from Outer Space or other crazy stuff. Find the report, let's read it.

Roberto

Very cool... Wish I could see the logo or the hood ornament better, it kind of looks like it's part armored truck!
Based on the shape of the grill it looks like a Packard. Might be a White truck. They used to run tours with busses like that out of Santa Fe NM back in the 30's.

Kenny

Pretty cool but I'll take the rat rod bus. Got a rat motor with zoomie headers, man that would be a fun ride! Be in trouble in no time...
The Rat Rod looks like a bunker. Can you imagine barrels of big 50 caliber Browning's sticking out the windows of that beast?

playaperro

El Pirata
Cruise ships are coming to Puerto Penasco. The water break is extending fast & Phase 2 the Pier / Dock construction has even already started. See 100 ft long large rebar tubes pictured below being assembled which will be the concrete dock posts. This will be Mexico's only cruise ship Home Port where cruise ships base & the biggest pier in North America. Over 5000 specialized concrete 10 & 20 ton blocks have been already created which will be placed soon. Get ready for the cruise ships!Rocky Point Times Newspaper

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Puerto-Penasco-Home-Port/314630191975317