The Homeport...A reason a week it is a bad idea

Well my brother in law who is very pro Port and cruising says there is one employee for every 2 passengers. So 3k passengers means 1500+ employees on board. Most likely they will be supplied by the cruise line so on shore there theoretically should be no less than 1500 jobs created?

So if the Police make $350 a month, I have heard in some cases it's half that in PP, then even at $6 a day then the port jobs should pay $42 a week at best if they work everyday...

IDK, this is almost laborious. We still wont know anything until it's done... Sure it will create some jobs and some off peak sales but can it really out weigh the possible negatives that have been brought up in this thread. I don't see it.

It will just be a place other people go to to go to other places.... Kinda like Phoenix. Just a hub for Vegas and California and Mexico tourists.

So what place south of PP on the coast is relatively safe, has great fishing and exploring with a small town feel to it?

If the quality of life at vacation spot is negatively effected (crime,cruise ship related crowding,environmental issues etc.) You start seeing less long term visitor stays.This type of visitor builds houses,remodels,spends money at stores other that T-shirt shops.These people move on...the job gains might be significant ( most very low pay) but the job losses will be too. The municipality cannot handle this...they are political hacks that cannot even keep the potholes fixed on their section of the coastal.Do you see much hope they won't turn this into a mess?

Every where you look their is a new fence going up the beach we loved is no more, unless you live in a condo. We will see when the new Mayer is elected and all the cash is gone what will happen to the progress.

Oh I think I tripped over a blah blah.
You know Mexicoruss, I kinda feel like you should be more concerned about this. I do not know as much about you as others and have no judgement but if I understand correctly you run a tour business? Where do you go and what do you show people that utilize your services?

It would be hard to see how this can't affect your business if everything cool is fenced off and spoken for. In the stretch of beach past the the RV park near Wrecked , (Bone Beach?) aside from the possible dead animals washed up there is nothing but garbage there and every time I go back there is new fencing.

If the waters are void of the beings that are there at the present what will you have to talk about?

How interested will people be in the seafood that is running the same price as it is in the grocery stores back home?

Aside from taking people to show them property for sale, trinkets at the stores, some of which are made in China and the the port and ship itself, will it be a tour or just a large over priced taxi ride around town?

I don't think that anything I am saying will change your blah blah perception of this subject but I just can't believe that you don't think this could affect you, and possibly for the worse.

Kelney

Well my brother in law who is very pro Port and cruising says there is one employee for every 2 passengers. So 3k passengers means 1500+ employees on board. Most likely they will be supplied by the cruise line so on shore there theoretically should be no less than 1500 jobs created?

So if the Police make $350 a month, I have heard in some cases it's half that in PP, then even at $6 a day then the port jobs should pay $42 a week at best if they work everyday...

IDK, this is almost laborious. We still wont know anything until it's done... Sure it will create some jobs and some off peak sales but can it really out weigh the possible negatives that have been brought up in this thread. I don't see it.

It will just be a place other people go to to go to other places.... Kinda like Phoenix. Just a hub for Vegas and California and Mexico tourists.

So what place south of PP on the coast is relatively safe, has great fishing and exploring with a small town feel to it?
The only long term job that will be created is the 1 or 2 security workers that may be guarding the empty facility. Granted they may get a ship that will come in initially but then they will realize what a cluster that was and fuggetaboutit... Even more hilarious is thinking this will be an actual home port. Yeah, the Mexican economy can really support the Mexican citizen wanting to fly to RP to take a cruise. I look at Semana Santa as a typical Mexican vacation. Rocky Point gets about a half million visitors from surrounding areas and if you ask the restaurants how much more business they took in, they would say they lost money. The people with disposable income tends to shy away from RP and the typical Mexican vacationer spends their money on cheap beer and the cheapest eats they can wrap their lips around. By the way, how many American blue haired codgers do we all know that will want to drive to Mexico to take a cruise? If the developers would of ever taken a survey they would have realized that the typical cruiser would rather take there chances with Ebola than drive down to Mexico where the chances (in their mind) of getting murdered are better than even. If the developers were truly marketing the Mexican population, it would have been done closer to their population centers rather than Northern Sonora. I predict that in a few years we will be referring to this new eyesore as boondoggle point.

You know Mexicoruss, I kinda feel like you should be more concerned about this. I do not know as much about you as others and have no judgement but if I understand correctly you run a tour business? Where do you go and what do you show people that utilize your services?

It would be hard to see how this can't affect your business if everything cool is fenced off and spoken for. In the stretch of beach past the the RV park near Wrecked , (Bone Beach?) aside from the possible dead animals washed up there is nothing but garbage there and every time I go back there is new fencing.

If the waters are void of the beings that are there at the present what will you have to talk about?

How interested will people be in the seafood that is running the same price as it is in the grocery stores back home?

Aside from taking people to show them property for sale, trinkets at the stores, some of which are made in China and the the port and ship itself, will it be a tour or just a large over priced taxi ride around town?

I don't think that anything I am saying will change your blah blah perception of this subject but I just can't believe that you don't think this could affect you, and possibly for the worse.
I need to say I hate the home port thing but Russ does a lot more than drive people around rocky point He will take you on tours to places that most of you have never seen. So with that being said Russ you need to educate those who really don't know you. Hate the port but respect you for the person that you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jerry

A little news from the grapevine ...some workers have not been paid this month ....The thirty feet of depth just won't be there at low tide so that really complicates scheduling ....also a northerner will really cause problems

I need to say I hate the home port thing but Russ does a lot more than drive people around rocky point He will take you on tours to places that most of you have never seen. So with that being said Russ you need to educate those who really don't know you. Hate the port but respect you for the person that you are.

Please don't get me wrong. I do not know what all details are involved in what Mexicoruss does for a living. I simply am stating that if what he does is showing people things they haven't seen before that he should be concerned that those things will no longer be available as they are now.

I am not trying to disrespect anyone with my point of view. I would hate for his business to suffer from undetermined circumstances caused by this project.
Hell I would love to be a guide, the things and places I have seen on my exploratory adventures down there should be seen and appreciated by anyone that is interested.

In a way I am envious Mexicoruss gets to make a living doing something he loves in a place that he loves. No disrespect intended at all.

The only long term job that will be created is the 1 or 2 security workers that may be guarding the empty facility. Granted they may get a ship that will come in initially but then they will realize what a cluster that was and fuggetaboutit... Even more hilarious is thinking this will be an actual home port. Yeah, the Mexican economy can really support the Mexican citizen wanting to fly to RP to take a cruise. I look at Semana Santa as a typical Mexican vacation. Rocky Point gets about a half million visitors from surrounding areas and if you ask the restaurants how much more business they took in, they would say they lost money. The people with disposable income tends to shy away from RP and the typical Mexican vacationer spends their money on cheap beer and the cheapest eats they can wrap their lips around. By the way, how many American blue haired codgers do we all know that will want to drive to Mexico to take a cruise? If the developers would of ever taken a survey they would have realized that the typical cruiser would rather take there chances with Ebola than drive down to Mexico where the chances (in their mind) of getting murdered are better than even. If the developers were truly marketing the Mexican population, it would have been done closer to their population centers rather than Northern Sonora. I predict that in a few years we will be referring to this new eyesore as boondoggle point.
The issue will be resolved by economics. There are many unfinished projects everywhere you look in Mexico. Many exist in RP. One flagrant example is an iron high-rise that was started several years ago in Mirador. It was worked night and day, around the clock, then suddenly abandoned, like swarming termites.

playaperro

El Pirata
A little news from the grapevine ...some workers have not been paid this month ....The thirty feet of depth just won't be there at low tide so that really complicates scheduling ....also a northerner will really cause problems
Just the facts , no fiction, Source Please.

I can believe that it will always be something.

Come on Jerry let's hear it!

Like any good investigative reporter you should never give up your sources! LOL.

Realistically if Jerry's comment weren't something more or less expected then I could see people doubting it. But come on it has happened before and will happen again, whether on this project or others. It is almost guaranteed.

playaperro

El Pirata
Like any good investigative reporter you should never give up your sources! LOL.

Realistically if Jerry's comment weren't something more or less expected then I could see people doubting it. But come on it has happened before and will happen again, whether on this project or others. It is almost guaranteed.
So we got a guy that lives in Bowie Az telling us whats going on in pto penasco, Been on here over 10 years and he's no saint, always hearsay.

Just have to wait and see.

On a side note once again this is another thread where everyone that disagrees with Jerry is purely doing it from a point of opinion. Not one bit of information has been produced to even counter anything he has said or posted.

Prove him wrong, provide some information contrary to what he says or posts. All the replies have basically been, hey fuk you budy, and unless you live here.... I mean even something like"my buddy that is working on the port says they have all been paid." would be something

Anything at all, prove him wrong don't just say screw you....

Last edited:

jerry

Also heard A outfitter from Baja was here looking for a place to do camel tours in the Pinacates or to the south.....which from my trip to Egypt I can tell you is a real pain in the ass but fun. Also looking for a zip line location down south and found a good one in the mountains you access by crossing the tracks before the Alduna checkpoint 30 miles south.He was really discouraged by the level of Homeport progress too..
image.jpg