Bad News Thread

jerry

Long time no chat Jerry, looks like you have kept up intruding reality into the cheerleaders with their heads in the sand. They still don't get that until they stop spending American dollars in Mexico nothing will change.
Sub I am still a constant visitor to .Mexico,bring many friends down to Santo Tomas and help my builder buddy get people with a adventurous streak to build down in our area.Me and my buddies keep each other informed of any major problem or opportunity.I try to do that on the forum too.You should check out Tasmania on your next big trip.

Sub

Sub I am still a constant visitor to .Mexico,bring many friends down to Santo Tomas and help my builder buddy get people with a adventurous streak to build down in our area.Me and my buddies keep each other informed of any major problem or opportunity.I try to do that on the forum too.You should check out Tasmania on your next big trip.
New Zealand is on my list so perhaps I can head that way too. I was in the Solomons & Kiribati two years ago and hope to visit all the islands involved in WWII as I can.

jerry

New Zealand is on my list so perhaps I can head that way too. I was in the Solomons & Kiribati two years ago and hope to visit all the islands involved in WWII as I can.
No guns needed bro...you will feel naked...your Inlaws still tied up in the San Jorge title mess?

Jerry: FYI, I am headed to Torres Del Paine in Patagonia at the end of the year. I would love to see a few pics of Tasmania and hear about your experience there.

jerry

Because bad news does not respect borders...
http://www.frontenet.com/_blog/VIDEO-Colapsa-tramo-en-carretera-esceniA sinking 30 centimeters in the Tijuana-Ensenada Scenic Road became the crash of up to 40 meters along a 300 meter stretch of the 93 kilometer an injury attributable to the San Andreas fault, and it will take at least a year to be repaired.

The collapse began with a height of just 30 centimeters from the 26th of December, it became collapsed 40 meters, trapping several trailers cargo circulating at the time, also was cut off not only Ensenada but the rest Baja California because it is the federal highway reaches transpeninsular Cabo San Lucas after a journey of 711 thousand kilometers.

The collapse of the highway was recorded eight days of the earthquake of 4.6 degrees on the Richter scale had its epicenter in the area Camalú, 70 kilometers from Ensenada.

According to information from the Federal Police, the road was closed from 5:00 pm yesterday, and is estimated to remain closed for a year while appropriate repairs are made.

The mayor of Ensenada, Hirata Chico Gilberto considered "irresponsible Federal Roads and Bridges (Capufe), have allowed the transit by road, despite the obvious damage recorded from last Thursday night."

The general recommendation for drivers is driving on the free road Tijuana-Ensenada, because the quota is fully closed.

Meanwhile, the engineer Ramiro Martínez Medina, head of the works, explained that this is a slide that worsened in recent days by the earthquakes that made cracks in the pavement.

He added that by Capufe they are carrying out corresponding to the stabilization of the slope of the 92 +400 to km 93 +500 jobs.

The road is completely closed from north to south from La Fonda and south to north from the junction with the Tijuana-Ensenada free road towards Mission.

According to the mayor of Ensenada, road repair or construction of an alternate passage to another place to cross the mountains against Salsipuedes, it could take more than a year.

Federal Roads and Bridges yesterday urged members of the Tijuana-Ensenada highway, where a collapse of about 40 meters on the asphalt, to use alternate routes by closing traffic in both directions was recorded.

The recommendation of the authorities is that travelers need to travel from Tijuana to Ensenada, or vice versa, use the free road in the section between Mission and San Miguel.

The Secretary of Tourism of Baja California asked the public to take precautions, to respect the signs and indications of support staff who is working in the area of diversion in order to expedite the maximum circulation.

Excelsior

A sinking 30 centimeters in the Tijuana-Ensenada Scenic Road became the crash of up to 40 meters along a 300 meter stretch of the 93 kilometer an injury attributable to the San Andreas fault, and it will take at least a year to be repaired. The collapse began with a height of just 30 centimeters from the 26th of December, it became collapsed 40 meters, trapping several trailers cargo circulating at the time, also was cut off not only Ensenada but the rest Baja California because it is the federal highway reaches transpeninsular Cabo San Lucas after a journey of 711 thousand kilometers. The collapse of the highway was recorded eight days of the earthquake of 4.6 degrees on the Richter scale had its epicenter in the area Camalú, 70 kilometers from Ensenada. According to information from the Federal Police, the road was closed from 5:00 pm yesterday, and is estimated to remain closed for a year while appropriate repairs are made. The mayor of Ensenada, Hirata Chico Gilberto considered â irresponsible Federal Roads and Bridges (Capufe), have allowed the transit by road, despite the obvious damage recorded from last night juevesâ? . The general recommendation for drivers is driving on the free road Tijuana-Ensenada, because the quota is fully closed.Meanwhile, the engineer Ramiro Martínez Medina, head of the works, explained that this is a slide that worsened in recent days by the earthquakes that made cracks in the pavement. He added that by Capufe they are carrying out corresponding to the stabilization of the slope of the 92 +400 to km 93 +500 jobs. The road is completely closed from north to south from La Fonda and south to north from the junction with the Tijuana-Ensenada free road towards Mission. According to the mayor of Ensenada, road repair or construction of an alternate passage to another place to cross the mountains against Salsipuedes, it could take more than a year. Federal Roads and Bridges yesterday urged members of the Tijuana-Ensenada highway, where a collapse of about 40 meters on the asphalt, to use alternate routes by closing traffic in both directions was recorded. The recommendation of the authorities is that travelers need to travel from Tijuana to Ensenada, or vice versa, use the free road in the section between Mission and San Miguel.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
More info on the road collapse in Baja - w/pic. From a Vagabundos announcement.

La Misión Toll to San Miguel Toll Road Collapses
The main toll road between Tijuana and Ensenada has closed after a 300-yard section of highway collapsed Saturday. The damage happened about 10 miles north of Ensenada. The highway is closed from the La Misión toll to the San Miguel toll, forcing travelers to take the old non-toll road from La Misión to Ensenada, a alternate route of about 30 miles. You can also take Federal Road 3 if you are heading out from Tecate towards Ensenada, or use the old Ensenada - San Felipe road from Mexicali to Ensenada.
Please allow time for the detour so you will not be traveling after dark. A report back from any Member after traveling through the area on how long the detour takes would be appreciated.

There is no official word on how long the road will be closed.

road.jpg

Sub

They used to have an unofficial event in Ensenada after the Lake Havasu Jetski World Finals called the Mexrager but they stopped a few years ago and moved it to Pismo due to cartel violence concerns and theft.

jerry

More info on the road collapse in Baja - w/pic. From a Vagabundos announcement.

La Misión Toll to San Miguel Toll Road Collapses
The main toll road between Tijuana and Ensenada has closed after a 300-yard section of highway collapsed Saturday. The damage happened about 10 miles north of Ensenada. The highway is closed from the La Misión toll to the San Miguel toll, forcing travelers to take the old non-toll road from La Misión to Ensenada, a alternate route of about 30 miles. You can also take Federal Road 3 if you are heading out from Tecate towards Ensenada, or use the old Ensenada - San Felipe road from Mexicali to Ensenada.
Please allow time for the detour so you will not be traveling after dark. A report back from any Member after traveling through the area on how long the detour takes would be appreciated.

There is no official word on how long the road will be closed.

View attachment 6544
Stewart it does make you wonder if the same private sector engineers that signed off on this disaster also say the homeport is safe.

jerry

More bad news if you come from Nogales to the coast.A rolling gun battle just happened and 6 Sicarios were killed.The bigger news is the Feds have taken control of all the local police from the border at Sasabee to past Altar.The local police just cannot be trusted.

jerry

State of siege...picture if the local police in your county were taken over by the state...
Tubutama, Sonora January 09, 2013.-La diputada Karina Garcia Gutierrez, on behalf of the Congress of the State, took part in the installation of the single police command in that municipality and which will correspond to seven municipalities.
"Although it is not much to my liking, since this is no so much loss of Municipal autonomy as loss of proximity that has a municipal police, mostly in small municipalities, with the citizen in the everyday problems. I recognize that it requires a State of force that is trained, equipped and prepared to respond and face the kinds of organized crime, as well as the efforts of the Government to the above", the legislator externaba.
"I hope that they are met fully the goals and intent that this entails since I know that the State Executive has made major commitments and made a substantial investment that mostly come from federal funds, which raises the expectations of the concerned program and am pleased that after 3 years finally the inhabitants of these municipalities have presence and vigilance that give them a chance of more tranquility and security" After such regrettable events occurring from 2010 arising from terrible insecurity which hit this region of desert Altar", it added.
"In the same way, you can not leave out the current economic and social situation prevailing there;" It is the next step that long has had to be. Therefore, and as I have been so holding and letting know different authorities both at the State level as federal and have you externado again to the Governor in this event, the urgency that join efforts on both levels with a strategy, approach and such approach, involving the implementation of programmes and public policies through dependencies that correspond, so that is a real rescue of the economic and social life of these municipalities, also this region, peoples, are part and must be part of the progress of SONORA. We are all obliged,"concluded the Deputy Karina García.