Labor Day Weekend

Just a thought....when I was involved in some jetski racing (endurance), we were in classes (based on age)....if you can get enough entrants (crazy people...LOL), split it up so that some of the old farts have a chance and don't have to race against any young'uns....then have a race of all the winners for "King of the Trike"....by that time, the young'uns should all be so drunk and dying from laughter, the old farts will take it all!!! Just a thought!
Seadweller...Are you going to video this???
Would love to see it.
RPJ yes, that is kind of what we would have to do joe just to keep it competitive...

LPH... and yes I plan on videoing this event... maybe even with a helmet cam...

Just a thought....when I was involved in some jetski racing (endurance), we were in classes (based on age)....if you can get enough entrants (crazy people...LOL), split it up so that some of the old farts have a chance and don't have to race against any young'uns....then have a race of all the winners for "King of the Trike"....by that time, the young'uns should all be so drunk and dying from laughter, the old farts will take it all!!! Just a thought!
joe... these will be multi lap races, and since these will be alchohol fueled trikes, there will be pitstops involved to refuel... the young'uns will either need more pitstops or need to take on more hi-octane fuel while in the pits... :wink:

Jim

Wow, you guys are doing a great job of putting things together. Let me know when I need to get involved and what I need to do to help out. This whole bar business is easier than I expected. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefull lots of fun for all and some good money for charity. Mark, sorry we didn't have more time to talk yesterday. It was a little crazy and I had a couple beers in me. Put it together and I'm in. I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Mark, sorry we didn't have more time to talk yesterday. It was a little crazy and I had a couple beers in me. Put it together and I'm in. I'll try to call you tomorrow.
Hey Jim... not a problem... I had a great time runnin with the young'uns as RPJ might say... this is our first attempt and it is on a short notice... so even if all we accomplish is having some fun, and starting a new tradition (trike races) it will be all worth it...

OK Matt your in... in fact I guess I will at some point need to start to register all that care to be participants, so we can get a race schedule planned out...

Jim if we don't get enough tricycles we may need to put wheels on some of your barstools...

Jim

Don't forget that without trikes there can't be a race. Please send a PM to Mark or I if you can bring one (or more) so that we know where we stand. Thanks to Mark for the idea and the effort and to everyone else for all the interest.

I checked it out www.tricycleracing.com seems to be a fairly new site but he has some cool trikes and good ideas like Topless Tricycle Races... thanks for the link george

don't worry I intend to keep my top on at all times...

Last edited:
Jim this is an event to raise money for the kids... I think the Topless Races would go over better during the Bike Week... but I'm glad I got your attention...

Last edited:

Jim

Yeah, I know. I guess my wife wouldn't go for it anyway. Oh well, sounded good for the moment.

P

Penasco Pirate

I'll look into some trikes this week. Might even get some donations from some friends' companies for a little advertising 'fee'???? Posters and stuff, I mean.

JimMcG if we get the tricycles it's gonna happen... Be there... don't wait for the video...

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I am beginning to believe that you guys are actually serious about this. I kept waiting for the punchline.:)
come on Jim, you're a senior member you should now by now when we are joking and when we are not ;-)
I have been looking for trikes and let me tell you those big wheels are hard to come by!!!

Finally, after trying for almost a years I have my avatar in place!! :eek3:

Last edited: