ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could even check their bank account to see if the check or CC charges were processed. Possibly an easier check guard.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Checks were cashed by the insurance agent when it came to policies that cancelled due to non payment (ie. one paid for a policy, payment was cashed and no payment was sent to the carrier). Checks were also cashed on policies that had bogus or made up policy #'s (dummy policies). Thus checking to see if your check was cashed is not a safe guard. One needs to call the insurance carrier directly to find out if their policy cancelled due to not payment (ie. the insurance agency did not transmit payment) or if they were issued a bogus policy.

The issue at hand involves only checks that were made out directly to this insurance agent. Policies that were paid with a credit card or paid directly to the carrier are not affected.
One could even check their bank account to see if the check or CC charges were processed. Possibly an easier check guard.
I understand that businesses make mistakes... I see it in my profession thousands of times. However what I don't understand in this situation is making up policy #'s? What benefit does an employee have to do this when the check is made out to the agent? How would this be viewed as a 'mistake'? If it is blamed at a later date on an employee... how does the employee benefit financially when the check is not made out in their name? How can they cash a check that is made out to the insurance agent directly?

Hopefully we find answers to this unfortunate situation.

Update: I did receive a call back from Rosie today. She offered me a refund or a new policy with Mapfre or ACE.

Because of the years of good service I've received from her, I elected to give her another chance and went with the ACE policy. I still would like answers as to how it all happened, after she completes her audit.

So I finally spoke with Rosie and got a new policy issued for 2014 2015 My curiosity however peaked and I called to check on the insurance policy I had for 2013 2014 to my surprise I was informed that it was canceled for lack of payment I have placed a call with pro alliance because I find this very disturbing and suggest possibly others looking at the previous years information and calling to see if they had a valid insurance policy for 2013 2014

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
If you value your property in Mexico and care to know if you actually have coverage, I suggest (for the 11th time) to call the carrier directly and find out the status of your policy (if you have a Mapfre property policy and you paid this agent directly)...

Mapfre (speaks english):
Gerardo González Eguía
Responsable División Internacional
Tel. (619) 662-1194
Fax (619) 662-1106
Toll-free 1-800-357-0091
[email protected]

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Does the issue of non payment of premiums apply to 2014 only? If not having valid policies goes back a few years, how should clients proceed? Should they request a reimbursement of premiums paid to this insurance agency for prior terms? For example if someone paid for coverage in 2012, 2013 and 2014, and did not have coverage, should they ask for a reimbursement for the prior years also? Calling the carrier directly and providing the policy #'s for prior years should help answer if you had insurance in the past.

Here is my follow up report on Pro Alliance that I posted about 8-10 pages ago.

I went by Pro alliance today and "SHOCKINGLY" they were open for business and not hiding in Cancun. LOL ;)

Their office was looking settled in from their move to their new location on Fremont St. from when I was there in late Aug. they had just moved in.
I also didn't see any moving vans loading up all the evidence to flee the country, maybe they only come around at night.:D

I went to pick up my amended homeowners policy and made the additional charges check out to AXA Seguros.
Paty was there and as friendly as always and let me know that my renewal drivers license policies
through GNP were ready for us as well. And I actually watched Paty input additional info through the GNP
portal they use to issue customers policies with.

I paid for those and left thinking this was just like last year, no problems just another business taking care of their customers.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The issue has nothing to do with policies in which the insured pays the carrier directly (via credit card or a check made out to the carrier). The issue is in regards to property policies with Mapfre. These are policies in which the payment is made out directly to the insurance agent (with the client having no idea if the agent paid their policy or if they even have a valid policy).

Some may view it as humorous or trump their allegiance to an insurance agent, however this issue is serious (just reminds me that some go through life thinking with their emotions). In the meantime, some have no insurance even though they paid and had their checks cashed, some have no idea how long this has been going on for and some have bogus policies in hand.

Let me remind you that if this was taken place in the US... such an agent would have their license suspended pending a state insurance investigation, carrier investigation, errors and omission investigation and banking investigation. At the very least the agent would be suspended from issuing any new business pending an investigation from multiple sides. Many would be dealing with a different insurance agent at this point... yes I know because I see these type of cases in court all the time. It would be interesting to see the reaction if an insurance agent in the US told the various entities that they are on top of the issue with their own independent audit.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Dry Heat -- bring your purse and high heels and meet me out back of Guau Guau tonight. We're gonna settle this once and for all in the true Rockypointtalk Forum way -- a bitchslapping purse fight! No sharpening your nails, that's cheating. And don't mind the film crew, either. I invited them so it can be aired on ESPN Pay Per View with all of the money going to charity. You're welcome to bring a tag partner of your choosing; GV Jack's got my back. All the girls simply call him Killer. :D

Dryheat quotes "The issue is in regards to property policies with Mapfre".

I'm So glad I don't have a policy with them.

But it's great that people such as yourself are providing Mapfre's contact info
to people who don't know if they have a problem.

As it has been stated numerous times in this thread, Rosie should get this straightened out
for all of HER customers. I feel pretty confident if given time, it will.

I have done a claim with another well known agency in RP and I was paid out of an envelope with cash for my claim
but my claim was paid, I thought it weird but know that things are handled a bit differently here in Mexico.
I was with him for over 20 years and he took care of me but I only had 1 claim with him.
I have heard a few negative stories about this agent's dealings from a few of my neighbors and that is why I went with Pro Alliance, that is my only allegiance to Rosie, who I have met 2-3 times.

I also did a claim with Pro Alliance and it was paid with a credit voucher from the policies insurance company
issued to a local bank which I had to come to RP to collect on. Different, definitely!!!.

And if (Huge IF) for some reason this is just a big hoax and there are many people who are being ripped off.
Nature will take it course. The power of a forum.

But, I'm an optimist, Glass almost full all the time, type of guy.
Wow rumble in back of Guau Guau's, I can't wait. Give them hell Stu and GV.;)

Dryheat quotes "The issue is in regards to property policies with Mapfre".

I'm So glad I don't have a policy with them.

But it's great that people such as yourself are providing Mapfre's contact info
to people who don't know if they have a problem.

As it has been stated numerous times in this thread, Rosie should get this straightened out
for all of HER customers. I feel pretty confident if given time, it will.

I have done a claim with another well known agency in RP and I was paid out of an envelope with cash for my claim
but my claim was paid, I thought it weird but know that things are handled a bit differently here in Mexico.
I was with him for over 20 years and he took care of me but I only had 1 claim with him.
I have heard a few negative stories about this agent's dealings from a few of my neighbors and that is why I went with Pro Alliance, that is my only allegiance to Rosie, who I have met 2-3 times.

I also did a claim with Pro Alliance and it was paid with a credit voucher from the policies insurance company
issued to a local bank which I had to come to RP to collect on. Different, definitely!!!.

And if (Huge IF) for some reason this is just a big hoax and there are many people who are being ripped off.
Nature will take it course. The power of a forum.

But, I'm an optimist, Glass almost full all the time, type of guy.
Wow rumble in back of Guau Guau's, I can't wait. Give them hell Stu and GV.;)
Thank you, Brokenwave. As I've said before, I'm in the hot seat and I'll take my licks, but you bring up a very good point. We've never had a claim go unpaid and the client has always been paid with a check directly from the carrier. Dry Heat, where's your list of questions for those who have been paid in cash or with a check from the agent? Before ANY claim is paid in Mexico, just as in the States, The carrier issues a Settlement Agreement. The settlement agreement releases the underwriter from further liability. Only after that is signed by the parties and returned to the carrier will a check be issued by the underwriter to the insured.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I have heard countless stories of wire fraud, tax fraud, corporate fraud and all in between use similar logic... "We have always paid our employees, We have always paid our contractors, we have always paid our claims, we have provided exceptional service." Saying that you have never had a claim go unpaid does not explain the countless policies that were paid directly to you by your clients only to have the check kept in your bank account.

It also does not explain the policies that your office fabricated, accepted payment (in your name) and suggested that your client had a valid policy. It also does not explain how many years this issue goes back. Trying to turn attention to the positives of the company is a twist that one often uses when they are in a similar position. You are fortunate that your business is in Mexico, because if it was in the US, you would not have the benefit of relying on your own 'independent audit'.

The 7000 views in less than 2 weeks shows that this issue is a concern to forum members. The question is, do those outside of this forum even know that they may not have insurance? This is just a small sample size. So far it seems that most who replied on this thread, and called, found out they either don't have insurance or they had a bogus policy created.

Last edited:

ernesto

Interesting that Dry throws rocks at what he believes to be dishonesty yet he supports the thieves at Las Palomas with furvor. He also was amongst the biggest "cheaters " there before his epiphany when he decided to "buddy up" with the owners of LP to screw the rest of the owners. Shame on you! The truth will always come out my friend.He is an insurance broker, not a lawyer.
The other well known insurance broker in Penasco has long been suspected of pocketing funds and self insuring specific policies. Hence his personal checks from claims arising from those.

I have heard countless stories of wire fraud, tax fraud, corporate fraud and all in between use similar logic... "We have always paid our employees, We have always paid our contractors, we have always paid our claims, we have provided exceptional service." Saying that you have never had a claim go unpaid does not explain the countless policies that were paid directly to you by your clients only to have the check kept in your bank account.

It also does not explain the policies that your office fabricated, accepted payment (in your name) and suggested that your client had a valid policy. It also does not explain how many years this issue goes back. Trying to turn attention to the positives of the company is a twist that one often uses when they are in a similar position. You are fortunate that your business is in Mexico, because if it was in the US, you would not have the benefit of relying on your own 'independent audit'.

The 7000 views in less than 2 weeks shows that this issue is a concern to forum members. The question is, do those outside of this forum even know that they may not have insurance? This is just a small sample size. So far it seems that most who replied on this thread, and called, found out they either don't have insurance or they had a bogus policy created.
Again, I can only do what I can do...and I'm doing it. I am neither a cheat or a fraud and I will not leave anyone in the lurch. You can talk about what you've seen, but that isn't me. Even if several hundred policies needed to be replaced or clients demanded reimbursement, I'd borrow the money, but I would pay it. My clients are my friends and I have a responsibility to them, my employees and to my community. You can officially jump in the lake. Not for your accusations, interrogations and just making a pest of yourself, but because I see no more point to you. You asked your questions and they were answered. If clients of mine have more questions, they can communicate that to me.

Yes Rosie, I was a client of yours for a few years, and you helped me gratis with a very contentious real estate dispute in which I eventually prevailed.
I feel that the time may have come for you to cease defending yourself against these unfounded accusations, as you have been, and are totally forthcoming in my opinion. Would any sane person risk and jeopardize a decades' long reputation for a few thousand dollars....and then remain present for all of this?
It seems that there will always be those who know more than others, and are very pleased to pontificate to the rest of us.
I am confident that once your diligence has been completed, you will explain all, and the methods you've put in place to prevent a recurrence.
Yes, I too am tired of this thread, but my confidence and trust in you remains. I know you will remain strong.
Agreed

Interesting that Dry throws rocks at what he believes to be dishonesty yet he supports the thieves at Las Palomas with furvor. He also was amongst the biggest "cheaters " there before his epiphany when he decided to "buddy up" with the owners of LP to screw the rest of the owners. Shame on you! The truth will always come out my friend.He is an insurance broker, not a lawyer.
The other well known insurance broker in Penasco has long been suspected of pocketing funds and self insuring specific policies. Hence his personal checks from claims arising from those.
Can you please elaborate with more concrete evidence of what you contend? This could be a conflict of interest that would lend itself to better understanding Dry's position. Please do help the truth to come out.

Aha...the plot thickens.

Again, I can only do what I can do...and I'm doing it. I am neither a cheat or a fraud and I will not leave anyone in the lurch. You can talk about what you've seen, but that isn't me. Even if several hundred policies needed to be replaced or clients demanded reimbursement, I'd borrow the money, but I would pay it. My clients are my friends and I have a responsibility to them, my employees and to my community. You can officially jump in the lake. Not for your accusations, interrogations and just making a pest of yourself, but because I see no more point to you. You asked your questions and they were answered. If clients of mine have more questions, they can communicate that to me.
Amen and bravo Rosie!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
What???? I remember you from a while ago. sorry my friend, I have had members on this forum visit one of my offices in northern arizona.
The developers did rip off owners at Las Palomas... what's your question?
My 2 units are for sale at Las Palomas, so I won't enjoy it as much.

Developers did rip off owners a

Status
Not open for further replies.