Labor Day Weekend

Jim

Good Point. Mark, We need to figure out day(s), time(s), rules, prizes, etc. so we can get the word out. It sounds like we will have at least 4 trikes so it looks like a go. I'm busy for the next couple days but we could get together on Friday or Saturday if you're available.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The HF store in Tucson only had the display one and I was told that they will get some sometime this week, I will check with them later and hopefully they will be in before departure!

Good Point. Mark, We need to figure out day(s), time(s), rules, prizes, etc. so we can get the word out. It sounds like we will have at least 4 trikes so it looks like a go. I'm busy for the next couple days but we could get together on Friday or Saturday if you're available.
Rules... we don't need no stinkin rules... as Ted Nugent once sang "It's a Free For All" just joking... I've wanted to say that all my life and this was the perfect moment...

Jim I will meet with you at the bar on friday... Barb and I will see what type of prizes we can weazel out of our friends (we've gotten pretty good at it) as I have said before our friends are the greatest and always willing to help us help the children...

I'm really looking forward to this event and getting the chance to meet with some of the great people from this forum... but most of all I'm happy we are doing something for the kids... and acting childish in doing so... thanks again to everyone involved...

Jim

My brother picked one up for me at the Harbor Frieght on 22nd in Tucson today. He said that they have plenty. just FYI. I'm sure that the bar can come with some prizes too. See ya Friday Mark.

Just checked with a couple HF stores in Phoenix/Glendale....they have the trike in stock (just not displayed)....the stores at 35 Ave./Bethany Home and 51 Ave./Bell Rd.

Should know by this weekend if I'm coming down. I'll pick one up if there aren't enough for the race.....

Which day were the races "planned" for???.....cause if I do come down, will most likely leave Penasco late Sunday evening(before the border closes) or early Monday morning.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Mom's going to her thrift store today. She said she would call me with availability and prices before 1p.m. I'll post up when I know.

OK, now that I've stopped laughing at the mental image of this event, here is my contribution:
Beach Buzz: Trike Races in Rocky Point, I Kid You Not

Keep me posted on the final details and I'll be happy (as in grinning from ear to ear) to do my small part of promoting it.

You all might enjoy this YouTube of the 8th Annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel trike race down Lombard Street in San Francisco. I noticed some women participating in that event. How about women racing their trikes in RP? Think any of them would do it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iE9j7oECWM

Kenny

write up was great!

OK, now that I've stopped laughing at the mental image of this event, here is my contribution:
Beach Buzz: Trike Races in Rocky Point, I Kid You Not

Keep me posted on the final details and I'll be happy (as in grinning from ear to ear) to do my small part of promoting it.

You all might enjoy this YouTube of the 8th Annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel trike race down Lombard Street in San Francisco. I noticed some women participating in that event. How about women racing their trikes in RP? Think any of them would do it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iE9j7oECWM
The Beach Buzz write up was great:sunny:

The Beach Buzz write up was great:sunny:
Yeah... I second what Kenny says...:roll:

I'm sure that the bar can come with some prizes too. See ya Friday Mark.

Thanks Jim... you are already going above and beyond the call of duty, by allowing us to stage this event at the Camel Toe... and most of all pledging to donate a portion of your proceeds from the event to kids as well...

:chef: I'll keep the popcorn popping to keep everyone drinking more...:razz:

Last edited:
P

Penasco Pirate

Tempe store says they have atleast 5.
Apache Junction says 5 also.

How many are we up to right now? I plan to get one and I think Bandicoot might buy the used one I found on Craigslist....if we're going to have enough new (I'd rather have new for the kids, anyway.) I'll tell him to hold off.

Jim, got with a buddy of mine and he is making a 'flyer' for the site and I'm going to try and get it blown up into decent sized posters for Penasco. We are looking to come down on Thursday and can 'spread the word' so to speak.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow, there were no tricycles at my mom's thrift store today. She's going again next Wed, so she will look again. You guys should hit some thrift stores and look. They will be cheap, like 5 bucks. I'll post up if I find any.

Wow, there were no tricycles at my mom's thrift store today. She's going again next Wed, so she will look again. You guys should hit some thrift stores and look. They will be cheap, like 5 bucks. I'll post up if I find any.
thanks for the help Ladyjeeper...

P

Penasco Pirate

Well, here we go! Got the flyers back...can we make a headline at the home menu of the forum?

Hope they are okay, had to kinda rush him and I didn't have the Toe's art handy!!! Also emailed http://www.puerto-penasco.com/ and asked them to post up the thinner of the 2 (hope that's okay with you guys, trying to get it out there!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys! Remember me? The Tourism & Visitor Assistance office is open, and I'm working on this week's paper, so I've been a bit distracted. Bill Hale, I don't think you need to be "official" to give me a heads up if something is in the works. Thanks for thinking of me...

Huerita, if I can reprint your article, that would make it easier (It's great, by the way). I can get some prizes donated and maybe more trikes. Also, will cover the event and put some good pics up of the fun and the winners.

What I need from you all is a list of sponsors/contributors so we give them the proper mentions. Pirate, I've lifted your ad, by the way.

Mark, I'll take some pics off your website, okay?

Lastly, remember that we're still collecting plastic bottles for the recycling campaign to benefit UNIDEP. I can arrange pickup if you get bottles for me!

Noticed you have the Young Uns and the Old Farts. What about Women Who Still Have it In Them? Or Broads on Bikes? Cycling Cuties?

Broads on Bikes! I love it, LOL! Or Tootsies on Trikes? Rosy, you always make me smile. Sure, that would be great if you want to lift my Beach Buzz thing. Whatever works for RP is good for me! I can't wait to see pics of the event-- Gee I wish I could be there. Sigh.

I'll lift Pirate's flyer, too, good idea! Hmmm. What should I link it to for people who want more info?

Last edited: